The knitting course is suitable for the beginner or a returner to knitting, you will learn how to:
- cast on and casting off
- basic stitches - knit and purl
- stitch types - garter, stocking, ribbing, moss, basket
- increasing and decreasing
- knitting a tension square
- reading and understanding a knitting pattern
- how to join in new yarn
You can then progress onto more intermediate or advance knitting including cables and entralac patterns.
The beginners crochet course takes your through the basic steps starting with:
- slip knot and foundation chain
- basic stitches - single crochet, double crochet, treble and slip stitch.
- reading and understanding a crochet pattern
- increase and decrease
- shapes and the popular granny squares
- more stitches including shells and clusters, popcorn and more.
- how to join new yarn and adding colours
You can then progress onto more intermediate or advance work.